Business Development Director
We are seeking a Business Development Director who will focus on identifying and developing client relationships within the financial services industry and expanding the presence of the company. This position is remote with limited travel.
Why Make CrossCheck Compliance Your Next Career Move?
- Interesting Work for Multiple Types of Clients on a Wide Range of Compliance Engagements. We work with banks, credit unions, mortgage lenders and servicers, fintechs, law firms, and consumer financial service companies. They range in size from smaller independent financial services companies to the largest financial institutions in the country. You will be part of building long-term client relationships and furthering our excellent reputation in the financial services industry.
- A Management Team Committed to Sharing Information. We believe that a well-informed team will deliver the best results for our clients and will have a higher level of job satisfaction. We hold weekly and monthly internal calls to make sure that everyone is kept informed about how the company is doing, what we are working on, and how they can contribute. We trust our team to maintain strict confidentiality of the information that is shared. We also recognize that it is not just about the work, so we have an internal newsletter that the whole team contributes to, where you can learn more about your colleagues; practice meetings that include social activities.
- A Collaborative Environment. For each client engagement, we gather a team to best fit the client’s needs. You will have a chance to collaborate with different team members on different engagements. We also cross-train our consultants so that everyone has a chance to learn from each other. We have team meetings, in-person when it is possible, and virtually through Microsoft Teams.
- Flexibility to Work Remote. Since the inception of the company, we have had a primarily remote work model. There will be travel for sales activities to a prospect or client location, conferences, or onsite team meetings.
- Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. CrossCheck Compliance is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status. Recognizing and valuing diversity strengthens our ability to attract, retain and engage
What are the Responsibilities of This Position?
- Business Development – Identifying, creating, leveraging, and driving business opportunities.
- Account Management – Building client relationships, ensuring client satisfaction, maximizing revenue and profitability potential.
- Collaboration With Marketing and the Practices – Building awareness through industry association involvement, securing speaking engagements and opportunities for sharing our industry knowledge and serving on association committees and boards when possible.
What Professional Skills and Experience Will You Need for this Position?
- Experience in generating professional services revenue and building a pipeline of prospective clients.
- A portfolio of relationships with relevant C-Suite level individuals with banks, credit unions, mortgage and/or consumer finance companies, or the potential to develop such relationships.
- Knowledge of financial services regulatory compliance, internal audit, fair lending, and quality control within banks, credit unions, mortgage and consumer finance companies is highly desirable.
- Proven history of identifying business issues and crafting solutions for clients.
- Ability to work in a team of sales, marketing, and subject matter experts to generate sales.
What Other Characteristics Describe a Great Candidate?
- Entrepreneurial, proactive, collaborative, energetic and hard‐working.
- Effective working independently with a strong sense of when to seek counsel.
- Proven ability to balance strategic thinking with focus on day‐to‐day work and results.
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude with the ability to make an impact as part of a larger team.
- Ability to consistently exercise good judgment and reinforce our core values.
How Do You Apply?
If this position may be right for you, or if you would like to express more general interest, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are also interested in talking with colleagues you may know who would be interested in other compliance, fair lending and/or quality control positions with us.