Regulatory Compliance Consultant
We are seeking a Regulatory Compliance Consultant who will be responsible for delivering high-quality consulting services to our clients, building strong client relationships, and furthering our excellent reputation in the financial services market.
Why Make CrossCheck Compliance Your Next Career Move?
- Interesting Work for Multiple Types of Clients on a Wide Range of Compliance Engagements. We work with banks, credit unions, mortgage lenders and servicers, fintechs, law firms, and consumer financial service companies. They range in size from smaller independent companies to the largest financial institutions in the country. You will be part of building long-term client relationships and furthering our excellent reputation in the financial services industry.
- A Management Team Committed to Sharing Information. We believe that a well-informed team will deliver the best results for our clients and will have a higher level of job satisfaction. We hold weekly and monthly internal calls to make sure that everyone is kept informed about how the company is doing, what we are working on, and how they can contribute. We trust our team to maintain strict confidentiality of the information that is shared. We also recognize that it is not just about the work, so we have an internal newsletter that the whole team contributes to, where you can learn more about your colleagues; and practice meetings that include social activities.
- A Collaborative Environment. For each client engagement, we gather a team to best fit the client’s needs. You will have a chance to collaborate with different team members on different engagements. We also cross-train our consultants so that everyone has a chance to learn from each other. We have team meetings, in-person when it is possible, and virtually through Microsoft Teams.
- Flexibility to Work Remote. Since the inception of the company, we have had a primarily remote work model. While there may be occasional travel to a client’s location, or for team meetings, for the most part, client work can be executed from your home office.
- Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. CrossCheck Compliance is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status. Recognizing and valuing diversity strengthens our ability to attract, retain and engage
What are the Responsibilities of This Position?
- Delivering outstanding services to clients based on their individual Statements of Work.
- Performing regulatory compliance risk assessments; assisting and consulting with the client’s compliance function; developing programs, policies, and procedures; implementing new and updated regulations; monitoring the client’s compliance program; performing compliance audits; preparing the client for examinations; and correcting issues related to regulatory actions or non-compliance.
- Drafting reports detailing and effectively summarizing the results of the engagement, which may include recommendations for improving systems and processes and correcting any potential regulatory oversights noted in the review.
- Presenting findings and recommendations to client senior management and the board of directors.
- Contributing to our thought leadership through participation in industry associations, and as you feel comfortable, presenting, or co-presenting webinars, and contributing to articles we write for industry publications.
What Professional Skills and Experience Will You Need for This Position?
- 10+ years of experience as a regulatory compliance professional with a bank or other financial services institution, or a professional services firm. Professional designations such as CRCM, CAMS, CIA, and/or CPA are highly desirable.
- Strong working knowledge of the compliance regulations in the financial services industry and practical implementation of those regulations.
- Excellent oral and written presentation skills needed in effectively interacting with clients, including the executive team, audit committees and board of directors.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
What Other Characteristics Describe a Great Candidate?
- Entrepreneurial, proactive, collaborative, energetic and hard‐working.
- Effective working independently with a keen sense of when to seek counsel.
- Aptitude for balancing strategic thinking with focus on day‐to‐day work and results.
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude with the capability to make an impact as part of a larger team.
- Ability to consistently exercise good judgment and reinforce our core values.
How do you Apply?
If this position may be right for you, or if you would like to express more general interest, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are also interested in talking with people in your network who may be interested in other compliance, fair lending and/or quality control positions with us.