Quality Control Consultant
About CrossCheck Compliance
CrossCheck Compliance LLC, headquartered in Chicago, is a nationwide consulting firm providing
internal audit, regulatory compliance, fair lending, loan review, and litigation support services exclusively to organizations in the financial services industry. The firm’s clients rely on CrossCheck to identify and manage risk by providing independent, objective advice based on deep experience, expertise and proven methodologies.
Our professionals are experienced problem solvers
As seasoned financial services professionals, we possess the hands-on experience to thoroughly assess
problems and determine the best solutions for an organization. We are excellent at efficiently executing
the implementation of those solutions. Our consultants have “walked in the shoes” of our clients, having
held positions in the financial services industry as compliance officers, regulators, underwriters, internal
auditors, and consultants. Many of our people are senior industry thought leaders who have run businesses, managed operations, served on boards, and contributed significantly to professional associations as presenters, committee leaders, and authors of industry publications.
The position is responsible for delivery of quality assurance services to clients across the market
segments that CrossCheck Compliance, LLC is focused on serving. These include banks, credit unions,
mortgage companies, finance companies and other non-bank financial services companies. A quality control consultant is expected to provide residential lending and compliance knowledge through execution of prefunding and post-closing quality control services. The position qualities desired include:
- Technical proficiency in reviewing residential mortgage loans
- Working knowledge of all loan types including FHA, VA, USDA, State Bond, Jumbo, and Non-QM
- Ability to compile, analyze, and interpret information and data about compliance with laws and regulations
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Clear and concise oral and written communications
- Excellent client relationship skills
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required.
- Underwriting certifications such as DE, LAPP, and SAR desired
Skill and Experience Requirements
- Minimum of 5+ years of underwriting residential mortgage loans required
- Demonstrated experience reviewing conventional, FHA, VA, and USDA mortgage loans
- Experience with loan origination systems such as Encompass and LendingQB
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Keeping up to date on regulatory requirements, investor guidelines, and industry trends
- Ability to review, interpret and present data in a concise and precise manner
- Proficient in full suite of Microsoft Office applications required, advanced proficiency desired
- Knowledge of work paper documentation and report preparation
- Ability to travel to client locations
- Participation in industry associations
CrossCheck Compliance is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.