Quality Control Consultant
Role & Responsibilities
Successful candidates will become a member of the best team of quality assurance professionals in the financial services industry. He/she will be responsible for delivering excellent quality assurance services to our clients, building strong client relationships, and furthering our excellent reputation in the financial services market. This individual will be expected to follow the CrossCheck Compliance engagement management process and exceed our client’s expectations.
Specifically, the Quality Control Consultant will be responsible for:
- Delivering quality assurance services to clients across the market segments that CrossCheck Compliance LLC is focused on serving. These include banks, credit unions, mortgage companies, fintechs, finance companies and other non-bank financial services companies.
- Providing residential lending and compliance knowledge through execution of prefunding and post-closing quality control services.
- Working effectively with the engagement team to prepare and deliver the services as required and within the timeframe expected by our clients.
- Keeping current with the ever-changing and complex investor guidelines.
- Actively participating in the financial services and regulatory compliance professional associations.
Successful candidates will have 3+ years of experience. The requirements specifically include:
- Technical proficiency in reviewing residential mortgage loans
- Working knowledge of all loan types including FHA, VA, USDA, State Bond, Jumbo, and Non-QM
- Ability to compile, analyze, and interpret information and data about compliance with laws and regulations
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Clear and concise oral and written communications
- Excellent client relationship skills
- Minimum of 3+ years of processing or underwriting residential mortgage loans required
- Demonstrated experience reviewing conventional, FHA, VA, and USDA mortgage loans
- Experience with loan origination systems such as Encompass and LendingQB
- Keeping up to date on regulatory requirements, investor guidelines, and industry trends
- Ability to review, interpret and present data in a concise and precise manner
- Proficient in full suite of Microsoft Office applications required, advanced proficiency desired
- Underwriting certifications such as DE, LAPP, and SAR desired
Personal characteristics should include:
- Proactive, collaborative, energetic and hard‐working
- Proven ability to balance strategic thinking with focus on day‐to‐day work
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude with the ability to work effectively in teams
- Effective at working independently with broad communications from supervisor – with a strong sense of when/how to seek counsel
- Stands out as someone able to consistently exercise good judgment and reinforce core values of firm
Apply for this position
If this position may be right for you, or if you would like to express more general interest, please send your resume to email@example.com. Alternatively, our mailing address is:
CrossCheck Compliance LLC
Attn: Human Resources
810 W. Washington Blvd.
Chicago, IL 60607
CrossCheck Compliance is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. Recognizing and valuing diversity strengthens our ability to attract, retain and engage colleagues.