Fair Lending Consultant – Data Analytics
About CrossCheck Compliance
Financial institutions count on CrossCheck Compliance
CrossCheck Compliance LLC, headquartered in Chicago, is a nationwide consulting firm providing regulatory compliance, internal audit, fair lending, loan review and litigation support services exclusively to organizations in the financial services industry. The firm’s clients rely on CrossCheck to identify and manage risk by providing independent, objective advice based on deep experience, expertise and proven methodologies.
Our professionals are experienced problem solvers
As seasoned financial services professionals, we possess the hands-on experience to thoroughly assess problems and determine the best solutions for an organization. We are excellent at efficiently executing the implementation of those solutions. Our consultants have “walked in the shoes” of our clients, having held positions in the financial services industry as compliance officers, regulators, underwriters, internal auditors, and consultants. Many of our people are senior industry thought leaders who have run businesses, managed operations, served on boards, and contributed significantly to professional associations as presenters, committee leaders, and authors of industry publications.
The position is responsible for delivery of compliance services to clients across the market segments that CrossCheck Compliance LLC is focused on serving. These include banks, credit unions, mortgage companies, finance companies and other non-bank financial services companies.
A consultant is expected to provide technical fair lending, consumer compliance, and operational knowledge through execution of engagements including fair lending risk assessments, ongoing monitoring, process and procedure reviews, new product/service reviews, remediation projects, and other compliance consultation services requested by the client. The position qualities desired include:
- Working knowledge of bank products, services and operations
- Ability to compile, analyze, and interpret information and data about compliance with laws and regulations, specifically the Equal Credit Opportunity Act, Home Mortgage Disclosure Act, Fair Housing Act, Unfair, Deceptive or Abusive Acts and Practices, and fair lending related requirements.
- Technical proficiency in reviewing and/or implementing consumer financial regulations
- Good understanding of the lending process, specifically, underwriting of mortgage, consumer loans, and small business loans
- Proficient with data analysis including statistical and regression analysis
- Experience working with fair lending analytics software (RATA Comply, Wolters Kluwer CRA and FL Wiz, QuestSoft, FL Magic, etc.) is a plus
- Expert Excel skills required
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Clear and concise oral and written communications
- Excellent client relationship skills
- Bachelor’s degree required, specialization in Accounting, Finance, Mathematics, or related field preferred
- Professional certification such as the Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM), Certified Financial Services Auditor (CFSA), or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) a plus
- Ability to travel to client locations
- Participation in industry associations
CrossCheck Compliance is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.