Why Make CrossCheck Compliance Your Next Career Move?
- Interesting work for multiple types of clients on a wide range of compliance engagements. We work with banks, credit unions, mortgage lenders and servicers, fintechs, law firms, and consumer financial service companies. They range in size from smaller independent mortgage companies to some of the largest financial institutions in the country. You will be part of building long-term client relationships and furthering our excellent reputation in the financial services industry.
- A Management Team Committed to Sharing Information. We believe that a well-informed team will deliver the best results for our clients and will have a higher level of job satisfaction. We hold monthly company calls to make sure that everyone is kept informed about how the company is doing, what we are working on, and how they can contribute. We trust our team to maintain strict confidentiality of the information that is shared. We also recognize that it is not just about the work, so we have an internal newsletter that the whole team contributes to, where you can learn more about your colleagues.
- A Collaborative, Team-Oriented Environment. For each client engagement, we put together a team that we think will best fit the client’s needs. You will have a chance to work with different team members on different engagements. We also cross-train across our practices so that everyone has an ongoing chance to learn from each other. We have team meetings, in-person when it is possible, and virtually through Microsoft Teams.
- Flexibility to Work Remote. Since the inception of the company thirteen years ago, we have had a primarily remote work model. While there may be occasional travel to a client’s location, or for team meetings, for the most part, client work can be executed from your home office.
- Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. CrossCheck Compliance is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status. Recognizing and valuing diversity strengthens our ability to attract, retain and engage
What Will You Be Doing?
As a member of the best team of residential loan review professionals in the financial services industry, you will be responsible for delivering excellent due diligence services to our clients, building strong client relationships, and furthering our excellent reputation in the financial services market.
Specifically, the Credit Analyst will be responsible for:
- Reviewing non-QM and jumbo residential mortgage loans.
- Working effectively with the engagement team to prepare and deliver the services as required and within the timeframe expected by our clients.
- Keeping current with the ever-changing and complex investor guidelines.
- Keeping up to date on regulatory requirements, investor guidelines, and industry trends.
- Reviewing, interpreting, and presenting data in a concise and precise manner.
What Professional Skills and Experience Will You Bring to the Position?
- Minimum 3+ years of experience of underwriting residential mortgage loans.
- Demonstrated experience manually underwriting mortgage loans.
- Technical proficiency in reviewing residential mortgage loans.
- Working knowledge of jumbo, private investor, and non-QM loan types.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Clear and concise oral and written communications.
- Excellent client relationship skills.
- Proficiency in the full suite of Microsoft Office applications is required, advanced proficiency desired.
What Other Characteristics Describe a Great Candidate?
- Proactive, collaborative, energetic and hard‐working.
- Proven ability to balance strategic thinking with focus on day‐to‐day work.
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude with the ability to work effectively in teams.
- Effective at working independently with broad communications from supervisor – with a strong sense of when/how to seek counsel.
- Stands out as someone able to consistently exercise good judgment and reinforce core values of firm.
How Do You Apply?
If this position may be right for you, or if you would like to express more general interest, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are also interested in talking with colleagues you may know who would be interested in other compliance, fair lending and/or quality control positions with us.