Regulatory Compliance Consultant
Role & Responsibilities
Successful candidates will become a member of the best team of regulatory compliance professionals in the financial services industry. He/she will report directly to the firm’s managing directors and be responsible for delivering excellent regulatory compliance services to our clients, building strong client relationships, and furthering our excellent reputation in the financial services market. This individual will be expected to follow the CrossCheck Compliance engagement management process and exceed our client’s expectations.
Specifically, the Regulatory Compliance Consultant will be responsible for:
- Understanding the clients’ expectations and being prepared for delivering the services as required in the agreed-upon statement of work.
- Working effectively with the engagement team to prepare and deliver the services as required and within the timeframe expected by our clients.
- Reviewing and auditing client’s systems, procedures and information related to specific regulations.
- Performing regulatory compliance risk assessments; assisting and consulting with the client’s compliance function; developing programs, policies and procedures; implementing new and updated regulations; monitoring the client’s compliance program; performing compliance audits; preparing the client for examinations; and correcting issues related to regulatory actions or non-compliance.
- Writing reports detailing and effectively summarizing the results of the engagement, which may include recommendations for improving systems and processes and correcting any potential regulatory oversights noted in the review.
- Presenting findings and recommendations to client senior management and the board of directors.
- Keeping current with the ever-changing and complex regulatory environment.
- Actively participating in the financial services and regulatory compliance professional associations.
Successful candidates will have 10+ years of experience as a regulatory compliance professional with a bank or a professional services firm. The requirements specifically include:
- Excellent oral and written presentation skills needed in effectively interacting with clients, including the executive team, audit committees and board of directors
- Strong working knowledge of the compliance regulations in the financial services industry and practical implementation of those regulations
- A four-year college degree
- Professional designations preferred such as CRCM, CAMS, CPA
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Overnight travel to clients
Personal characteristics should include:
- Proactive, collaborative, energetic and hard‐working
- Proven ability to balance strategic thinking with focus on day‐to‐day work
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude with the ability to work effectively in teams
- Effective at working independently with broad communications from supervisor – with a strong sense of when/how to seek counsel
- Stands out as someone able to consistently exercise good judgment and reinforce core values of firm
Apply for this position
If this position may be right for you, or if you would like to express more general interest, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, our mailing address is:
CrossCheck Compliance LLC
Attn: Human Resources
810 W. Washington Blvd.
Chicago, IL 60607
CrossCheck Compliance is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. Recognizing and valuing diversity strengthens our ability to attract, retain and engage colleagues.