Fair Lending Consultant – Data Analytics
Roles & Responsibilities
Successful candidates will become a member of the best team of regulatory compliance professionals in the financial services industry. He/she will be responsible for delivering excellent consulting services to our clients, building strong client relationships, and furthering our excellent reputation in the financial services market. This individual will be expected to follow the CrossCheck Compliance engagement management process and exceed our client’s expectations.
Specifically, the Fair Lending Consultant will be responsible for:
- Understanding the clients’ expectations and being prepared for delivering the services as required in the agreed-upon statement of work.
- Working effectively with the engagement team to prepare and deliver the services as required and within the timeframe expected by our clients.
- Reviewing and auditing client’s systems, procedures and information related to specific regulations.
- Providing technical fair lending, consumer compliance, and operational knowledge through execution of engagements including fair lending risk assessments, ongoing monitoring, process and procedure reviews, new product/service reviews, remediation projects, and other compliance consultation services requested by the client.
- Writing reports detailing and effectively summarizing the results of the engagement, which may include recommendations for improving systems and processes and correcting any potential regulatory oversights noted in the review.
- Presenting findings and recommendations to client senior management and the board of directors.
- Keeping current with the ever-changing and complex regulatory environment.
- Actively participating in the financial services and regulatory compliance professional associations.
Successful candidates will have 10+ years of experience working with a bank or a professional services firm. The requirements specifically include:
- Good understanding of the lending process, specifically, underwriting of mortgage, consumer loans, and small business loans
- Proficient with data analysis including statistical and regression analysis
- Experience working with fair lending analytics software (RATA Comply, Wolters Kluwer CRA and FL Wiz, QuestSoft, FL Magic, etc.) is a plus
- Working knowledge of bank products, services and operations
- Ability to compile, analyze, and interpret information and data about compliance with laws and regulations, specifically the Equal Credit Opportunity Act, Home Mortgage Disclosure Act, Fair Housing Act, Unfair, Deceptive or Abusive Acts and Practices, and fair lending related requirements.
- Technical proficiency in reviewing and/or implementing consumer financial regulations
- Expert Excel skills required
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Clear and concise oral and written communications
- Excellent client relationship skills
- Bachelor’s degree required, specialization in Accounting, Finance, Mathematics, or related field preferred
- Professional certification such as the Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM), Certified Financial Services Auditor (CFSA), or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) a plus
Personal characteristics should include:
- Proactive, collaborative, energetic and hard‐working
- Proven ability to balance strategic thinking with focus on day‐to‐day work
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude with the ability to work effectively in teams
- Effective at working independently with broad communications from supervisor – with a strong sense of when/how to seek counsel
- Stands out as someone able to consistently exercise good judgment and reinforce core values of firm
Apply for this position
If this position may be right for you, or if you would like to express more general interest, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, our mailing address is:
CrossCheck Compliance LLC
Attn: Human Resources
810 W. Washington Blvd.
Chicago, IL 60607
CrossCheck Compliance is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. Recognizing and valuing diversity strengthens our ability to attract, retain and engage colleagues.